London Dragon Boat Club Inc. – Membership Information 2024
All members of the LDBCI will need to read, and complete this form (including volunteers, coaches and sterns).
BEFORE you may participate in ANY activities or gain access to the dragon boat, the following must have occurred:
- Completed and submitted Registration Form (pending 2024 season form)
- Full payment of fees
Team Fees Breakdown
Fanshaw Yacht Club (FYC) Fees
- $141.25 ($125 + HST) mandatory FYC membership fee paid by ALL LDBCI members including: Sterns, and Volunteers
- $70.63 ($62.50 + HST) mandatory FYC membership fee paid by LDBCI youth (18 and under) and coaches
- $67.80 ($60 + HST) optional fee to launch personal hand powered boat from FYC docks
- $13.56 ($12 + HST) optional fee to store personal boat at FYC
- $20.00 optional fee to have a compound key to access FYC
- If you would like to add any of these on to your membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if you are caught launching your boat without paying the launch fee, you will be billed the additional fees. If fees are not paid your LDBCI and FYC membership may be suspended and/or revoked.
London Dragon Boat Club Fees
$126.75 per Adult Paddler
$72.37 per Youth Paddler (Anyone either under the age of 19 as of December 31, 2024 or enrolled full time in a post-secondary institution).
$10 Coach, Stern and Volunteer.
$35 Auxiliary Member – Paddler from Rowbusts that has already paid FYC fees wishing to paddle on a LDBCI team (Non-Voting Member). Please contact email@example.com if you wish to register for this option.
Waves of Fury
The Waves of Fury restructured with a new coach in 2022. We became known as the “Fun” team, and are 37 strong, but we are always looking for new paddlers. Our team mantra is fun, fitness and friendship; we strive for inclusivity and harmony through building up and supporting one another. Practices are 1 hour in length (Monday and Wednesday evenings), and as part of our fun we listen to music while paddling. Once a week we have a social snack night to build closer friendships with fellow paddlers.
We start our season slowly, concentrating on good solid technique and timing and build speed as the season progresses. Since 2022 we have participated in 1 festival at the end of the season at Christie Lake near Dundas ON. It allows those with a wish to participate, the opportunity to put into practice what they learned throughout the season – festivals are never mandatory.
The Waves of Fury have grown to 2 boats and this coming season we plan to continue the fun recreational experience for all, but also offer a women’s festival boat. This festival crew is NOT mandatory, it is only for those who wish to participate. No experience is required, we will work with you and get you ready to attend festivals. The festivals this crew will participate in in 2024 will be: June- Fanshawe, August – Welland and September – Christie Lake. We have also been discussing an away festival in Las Vegas in October but that has not been confirmed.
The London Blades
London Blades – No experience necessary
The London Blades are a co-ed team that welcomes both new and experienced paddlers. Athletic individuals with a positive team spirit, please! We are a team that loves being on the water and competing in three local race festivals throughout Southwestern Ontario. Racing alongside other teams is truly an incredible and exhilarating experience you will never forget!
Our paddling season runs from May to October.
Practices are twice a week, Mondays & Wednesdays 6:00-8:00 pm (including pre-practice warm-up) focusing on paddling fundamentals (timing and stroke), while increasing strength and endurance. Collectively, we improve our paddling skills and fitness levels while still having fun on and off the water. Paddles and PFDs are provided.
For more information or to register for 2 free paddling sessions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pendragons is an elite competitive team. If you truly have competitive drive, determination and are willing to work hard the Pendragons will welcome you to the team at any time. This team trains along side of Rowbust (9-time National Club Crew Champions, as well as 3-time Club Crew World Champions in the Breast Cancer Division) on Tuesday & Thursday nights and Saturday mornings. When the Coach asked the team what they wanted their goal to be, the team responded by saying “We want to WIN!” Through commitment on and off the water they compete regionally, seeking the gold in A Division every race. Pendragons are in BUILDING MODE, trying to find as many new paddlers, with an athletic mindset, who want to be part of an amazing team sport! When the race plan comes together, the speed and precision in this boat is truly exhilarating and one you will come to love!
Fanshaw Yacht Club Facilities
Fanshawe Yacht Club
London Dragon Boat Club Inc. leases access to the Fanshawe Yacht Club compound and their shoreline/dock area.
- FYC has a locked compound to ensure the safety and security of the premises and the contents therein. Every member will purchase a key to the compound, if you already have a key FYC will exchange it for the new key. When LDBCI Members enter, you will unlock the gate and then re-lock it once you are through.
- Paddlers are to only use McKenzie Hall (main meeting hall) for the washroom facilities. Personal items (paddle bag, extra clothes, shoes etc.) are to remain in cars. Teams are to congregate outside. McKenzie Hall may be booked for snack nights or meetings by contacting FYC.
- There are designated/signed FYC parking outside of McKenzie Hall – London Dragon Boat Paddlers are NOT allowed to park in these at any time.
- As part of our agreement with FYC, London Dragon Boat Club Members must agree to assist with Spring Clean-up/Set-up ( April TBD) and Fall Tear Down (September or Oct TBD). This work is usually scheduled on a Saturday. You do not have to commit for the full day, just a couple of hours at least. Dress for the weather and be ready to get a bit dirty.
- FYC is offering anyone who has a hand powered boat (Kayak, Canoe, Outrigger Canoe etc.) the ability to launch from their dock/compound. The fee to have this privilege is an additional $67.80 per person. If you wish to store your boat inside the compound it is an addition $13.56 per boat. Please note if you are caught launching your boat without paying the topped-up fee, you will be billed the additional fees. If fees are not paid your LDBCI and FYC membership may be suspended and/or revoked.
I am aware that during festivals and other events for London Dragon Boat Club that there will be photographs taken of the participants in individual and group pictures. I am aware that these photographs may be posted to a website. The pictures may also be used for the purpose of illustrating the activities of London Dragon Boat Club Inc. Pictures posted to the website are considered the property of London Dragon Boat Club Inc and may not be sold or reused without the express consent of London Dragon Boat Club Inc. Parents who have special concerns or requirements regarding photography of their child(ren) agree to contact London Dragon Boat Club Board Members in advance of the festivals and events to resolve any issues regarding the use of their child’s photographs or photography. Participants with special concerns regarding the use of their individual photograph(s) / picture(s) are responsible to ensure London Dragon Boat Club Board Members are aware of their concerns.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELEASE
INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS NOTICE
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the London Dragon Boat Club, as well as to join the practice sessions and to enter the premises, waterways and grounds supervised or in any way controlled by that organization or by the London Dragon Boat Club, the receipt of said permission being hereby acknowledged, I do hereby forever RELEASE any and all liability, discharge and agree not to sue the LONDON DRAGON BOAT CLUB INC. (LDBCI) and their respective directors, members, trustees, agents, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensors, servants, volunteers and employees and agree to and save them HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY them from and against any and all Liabilities, claims, injuries, losses, damages, expenses, demands, actions, and causes of action of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of or related to any such loss, damage, or injury, death, etc. that may be sustained by me for whatever reason while so participating in the London Dragon Boat Club whether such damages are the result of negligence or for any other reason or cause.
- I also agree to and discharge forthwith on request of the LDBCI and their respective directors, agents, members, trustees, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensor, servants, volunteers and employees and their authorized representatives each and every obligation or claim which shall be made, assigned or apportioned against the LDBCI and their respective directors, agents, members, trustees, representatives, officers, sponsors, licensors, servants, volunteers and employees by any party by virtue of any injury or damage caused by me or to me absolutely.
- I and my next-of-kin are duly aware of the risks and hazards inherent in both the sport of paddling and entering the premises used for the purpose of launching, docking and storing equipment used in the sport of paddling, and specifically in participating in the London Dragon Boat Club and the practice sessions and participating in events, knowing conditions may be hazardous and dangerous and that obstructions may exist, and that high winds may cause rough water, and that I voluntarily assume all risks of loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me or to any property while in or upon said
premises or engaged in said event.